The registration is temporarily closed. We will let you know if we get some extra spots.
|Click below to sign up for the datathon (WAIT LIST)
Deadline for signing up is the 25 April 2016
Participation is free!
Rules of Participation:
- The Datathon is open to students or recent graduates (1-2 years since graduation of accredited university) including post-docs
- Participants can register individually, or as part of a team comprised of 2 to 4 participants. We strongly encourage you to form teams beforehand. Participants registering individually will be placed in teams when arriving at the datathon.
- No experience is necessary to join, but students are expected to come with knowledge of or interest in social data, data analytics, visualization, programming, statistics, or data science.
- Participants are encouraged to start coming up with ideas before the datathon, based on the inspirational questions that can be found here.
- The purpose of this datathon is to make a positive contribution to society through data science. Therefore, we will ask that you post your results to GitHub or make it otherwise available publically available after the datathon.
- For the portion of the datathon that will take place at Deloitte Consulting on 4/30, we will ask that you sign a liability form. That will be provided onsite when you get there.
- Participants will have up to 20 hours to develop their solution to present in front of the judges.
- The questions the groups seek to answer, and the methods they apply, are determined by the groups themselves. The only criteria is that their solution addresses the diabetes pandemic, and offers novel insights or means of prevention.
- Solutions will be evaluated along three criteria:
- The innovativeness and creativity of the question and solution you pose
- The ingenuity and innovativeness of the method you apply
- The overall positive contribution you make to addressing the diabetes pandemic